GDPR & Data Protection
Before we are able to provide our service, we will request information about your personal and business circumstances. All information provided to us will be subject to the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended or replaced by the Data Protection Act 2018 – (incorporating General Data Protection Regulation EU 216/679 GDPR).
All personal and business information will be processed only for legitimate purposes. Our procedure ensures that steps are taken to ensure information is accurate, up to date and not kept for longer than necessary.
In order to provide our service, we need to collect your personal and business information through our online application form. The personal data that we will require from you is:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Home address
- Email address and telephone number
- Company name
- Names of all company directors
- Registered addresss
- Business type
- Annual turnover
- Years in operation
- Bank account details
- Any other personal information regarding your business you may choose to provide to support your application
You are not under obligation to provide your personal or business information to SME Loans, but this information is required for us to process your application in finding you a loan arrangement. Unfortunately we cannot offer our services without it.
Access To Information Collected
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the right to request access to the personal information you provide, as well as the right to request erasure of your personal data from SME Loans database.
You have the right to know:
- How your data is being collected
- What personal data is being held about you
- How we process and store your data
- The purpose of processing your data
- How long we intend to store your data fo
You have the right to:
- Correct innacurate personal data being held by us
- Object / refuse to your data being processed for marketing purposes
- Not be subject to automated decision-making
- Be notified of a data security breach as soon as the breach is made aware
At SME Loans we take all our customers privacy seriously, and work hard to ensure your personal information is securely protected at all times using 256-bit encryption technology.
Issues With Information Collected
Under GDPR, the ‘Principle of Accountability’ requires that we are able to actively demonstrate compliance. Should you have any questions regarding your data do not hesitate to get in touch with us using firstname.lastname@example.org / 01244 506279
If you have concerns with our information rights practice then you resere the right to contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) on 0303 123 1113 to make a complaint.